There are plenty of places to see and things to do around Freycinet that make it a truly special place to be.
- Cruise down the peninsula and into Wineglass Bay. A qualified guide will tell you about our special environment. You’ll usually see dolphins and maybe seals, whales and albatrosses. Daily in summer. Closed June, July and August.
- Bring your mountain bike and give your legs a workout by riding to Bluestone Bay or White Water Wall.
- At the nearby Marine Farm buy a dozen of the freshest possible oysters for lunch. Rock lobster, scallops and mussels are also available.
- Take a flight over the peninsula – an absolute must for photographers.
Explore the bay by sea kayak.
- From the Gulch at Bicheno, charter a fishing boat and guide to take you to a likely spot for flathead.
- Spoil yourself with a catered cruise on a luxury yacht.
- For an adrenalin rush, abseil White Water Wall.
- Combine adventure and sight seeing on a 4-wheel quadbike tour.
- Be driven along a NP fire trail in a Polaris Ranger by a knowledgeable guide.
- Sample the vintage at local wineries.
- Rather someone else did the driving? Book the ultimate food and wine experience. Now available year round!
- Indulge in afternoon tea and/or chocolate treats at Kate’s Berry Farm.
- Discover marine life in its own environment from a glass bottomed boat in the gulch at Bicheno.
- Do a DIY history walk of Swansea – one of Tasmania’s oldest towns.
- At a secret location see Tassie devils in the dark and learn about this iconic species.